Whole Energy Systems - Spring 2021 Webinars

Matthew Deakin

Jan 26, 2021, 8:02:21 AMJan 26
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com, matthew...@newcastle.ac.uk, David Greenwood, Chris Mullen

Dear Openmod-Initiative community,

At Newcastle University we have been running a series of webinars on the broad theme of Whole Energy Systems, and wonder if some of this term's talks may be of interest to subscribers of the Openmod Initiative mailing list.

In particular, you'll see Openmod's very own Robbie has agreed to speak on the topic of open energy systems modeling; we are also delighted to have Stefan giving a talk on the Calliope framework later in the term, a tool which some of you may be familiar with.

The talks are held fortnightly on Thursdays from 11-12am UTC, starting this Thursday (28th Jan).

Pádraig Lyons, ESB Networks, "Co-innovating the development of distribution systems to enable decarbonisation" (28th Jan)
Nicole Miranda, University of Oxford, "The future of cooling and its links to the Sustainable Development Goals" (11th Feb)
Robbie Morrison, Open Energy Modeling Community, "Open energy system models: overview, community, legal context, emerging infrastructure" (25th Feb)
Olivia Carpenter-Lomax, Ricardo Energy & Environment, "Decarbonising heat and shipping" (11th March)
Stefan Pfenninger, ETH Zurich (TU Delft), "Model-based decision-support for the energy transition with Calliope" (25th March)

The link to sign up to any of these talks is here:

https://forms.ncl.ac.uk/view.php?id=9349897

We also held webinars last term, which have been uploaded to the playlist here and we will be updating with talks from this term in due course.

Do let us know if you have any queries, otherwise we hope we might see you at a webinar soon!

Best wishes,
Chris, David, Matt

--
Matthew Deakin