CRESYM (Collaborative Research for Energy SYstem Modelling) based in Brussels

Robbie Morrison

Feb 17, 2023, 5:51:40 AM2/17/23
to openmod list

Hi al

Just bringing CRESYM (Collaborative Research for Energy SYstem Modelling) based in Brussels to peoples' attention.

I talked to two folk at CRESYM yesterday.  CRESYM are interested in what might be termed industry software, specific to the operation of TSOs and others.  But CRESYM are also interested in openmod‑style modeling too.  And how the various open projects actually tick on the ground.

And also questions surround public interest data and overarching data standards.

If you have a couple of minutes, watch their promo video on the URL above.

with best wishes, Robbie

--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany

Sebastien LEPY

Feb 20, 2023, 12:17:19 PM2/20/23
to openmod initiative

Dear Robbie, all,

Thank you very much, Robbie, for introducing us to the openmod community. We’d be happy to support your effort and share our proposals.

As discussed, beyond simulation tools development, we are believers, though still pretty much rookies wrt opensource practices and communities. Data is a topic a bit aside our own target but we understand there is sth where we can provide help and support.

 Looking forward to fruitful collaborations 😊

Best regards,

Sébastien

Robbie Morrison

Feb 20, 2023, 12:17:26 PM2/20/23
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com, Sébastien Lepy (CRESYM)

Message was supposed to go to the list but did not.  So cross‑posting under my own name.  Robbie

Dear Robbie, all,

Thank you very much, Robbie, for introducing us to the openmod community. We’d be happy to support your effort and share our proposals.

As discussed, beyond simulation tools development, we are believers, though still pretty much rookies with respect to opensource practices and communities. Data is a topic a bit aside our own target but we understand there is something where we can provide help and support.