recent energy data webinar by Ayrton Bourn

Robbie Morrison

Aug 29, 2021, 4:27:13 PMAug 29
to openmod list, Ayrton Bourn (UCL)

Hello all  (cc: Ayrton)

Ayrton Bourn from UCL, London recently gave an excellent webinar looking at the UK and European energy data landscapes through the eyes of a data scientist.

This email is an unsolicited promo on my part because these issues need high‑level attention and consensus solutions and Ayrton's work offers both astute analysis and cogent observations.  Notwithstanding, there are of course many difficult challenges to confront and resolve.

From my perspective, a key question is whether energy system information should be viewed as a private or club good — or as a public good.  I fall in the latter camp.  But ultimately it is up to society to decide where that dividing line should be drawn.

with best wishes, Robbie

--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany