#event 42nd International Energy Workshop (IEW)

himalaya...@gmail.com

May 9, 2024, 10:13:13 AMMay 9
to openmod initiative

Dear Open Energy Modelling Community,

I'd like to bring to your kind attention the upcoming 42nd edition of the International Energy Workshop (IEW), hosted by IRENA from June 26th to 28th. Registration for this event is now open.

This year, we received a record number of paper submissions, totaling 330 papers. From these submissions, we've curated around 130 outstanding papers that will be presented across five parallel sessions. Additionally, we're thrilled to have secured an excellent lineup of keynote speakers.

Given the high level of interest, space for the workshop is limited. We encourage you to register early to secure your spot, with an early bird discount available until May 20th.

In conjunction with the IEW, there are two free workshops open to all interested in energy system modelling in the IEW week- a workshop on Environmental Data Supporting Energy Policies, organized by ECMWF on June 25th, as well as an IEA-ETSAP workshop on June 24-25.

For more information and to register, please visit the International Energy Workshop (IEW) 2024 (irena.org).

We look forward to your participation and engagement in this enriching event.

Kind regards,

Himalaya Bir Shrestha
On behalf of the Energy Planning Team, IRENA IITC

Himalaya Bir Shrestha

Energy Planning Division - IRENA Innovation and Technology Centre (IITC)

IRENA, Thomas-Dehler-Haus, Willy-Brandt-Allee 20, 53113 | Bonn, Germany