Save-the-date: openmod-workshop @ IIASA, April 19-21, 2023

Daniel Huppmann

Oct 28, 2022, 2:55:15 AM10/28/22
to openmod initiative, KREY Volker, WAGNER Pat
Hi openmods,

TL;DR: openmod-workshop @ IIASA, April 19-21, 2023

The Energy, Climate and Environment program (ECE) at IIASA in Vienna/Laxenburg would be happy to host an in-person openmod workshop in 2023. The most plausible dates, from our point of view, is between Easter (April 9) and the European Geosciences Union (EGU, 23-28 April).

We would like to hold this event back-to-back with a capacity-building/training workshop to be conducted within the Horizon 2020 project "European Climate and Energy Modelling Forum" (ECEMF, https://www.ecemf.eu).

We reached out to colleagues in Freiburg, who offered (pre-pandemic) to host the next openmod workshop, and they would be happy to pass the baton to IIASA.

There is a thread in the openmod forum for discussion: https://forum.openmod.org/t/workshop-april-2023-iiasa-vienna-laxenburg/3258, and Robbie Morrison created a tag for the event at https://forum.openmod.org/tag/vienna-2023.

The scheduled dates are Wednesday April 19 to Friday April 21, with the first day planned for trainings and tutorials, and the second and third days for the usual presentations, lightning talks and discussion sessions. Given available rooms at IIASA, we can host a crowd of up to 50 participants - if there is much more interest, we would have to look for additional rooms, at extra cost for which we would have to find additional resources...

Please let me know asap if you see scheduling conflicts with other events at the same time.

Best,
Daniel

Dr. Daniel HUPPMANN
Research Scholar
Coordinator of the Research Theme „Scenario Services & Scientific Software"
Energy, Climate, and Environment (ECE) Program

Co-Chair of the Second Austrian Assessment Report on Climate Change (AAR2)

International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria | www.iiasa.ac.at

Daniel Huppmann

Nov 10, 2022, 4:56:01 AM11/10/22
to openmod initiative, KREY Volker, WAGNER Pat
Hi openmods,

Unfortunately, my approach of simply announcing a date for an openmod workshop at IIASA in the spring without prior consultation with the community failed, because a core part of the members will be unavailable on these dates.

Therefore, I have created a nuudel to ask for your preferences and availability.

Please respond by Wednesday, Nov 16 (COB), so that we can reach a decision and reserve the rooms at IIASA.

Best,
Daniel

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht: