Post-doc position working on climate, energy, land modelling

Matthew Gidden

Mar 3, 2023, 10:57:53 AM3/3/23
to openmod initiative
Dear openmodders,

I hope this email finds you well.

I wanted to raise to your attention that we currently have a post-doc position (though a well-qualified pre-doc would be considered as well) open here at IIASA [1]. We are opening our portfolio of modelling efforts looking at linking energy-economy, climate, and land-use models, and would be interested in candidates that have expertise in either of those areas and are interested in learning more about at least one other.

The successful candidate would be working in tandem with me and others in our team investigating cutting edge issues around carbon dioxide removal in deep mitigation and overshoot pathways and related scientific and policy issues.

Warm regards,
--
Matthew Gidden, Ph.D.
[he/him/his]

Senior Research Scholar, Integrated Assessment and Climate Change Research Group, IIASA
Senior Scientific Advisor, Climate Analytics