New policy brief on open and closed modelling & 'open' website launch

Max Parzen

Aug 1, 2021, 9:58:09 AMAug 1
to openmod initiative
Dear Openmoders,
As PyPSA meets Africa Initiative we are doing some work on open source modelling in general. Some content that might be interesting for you:

# New policy brief on open & closed modelling.
We just shared a 4-page policy brief on the "state of the art and future opportunities of open energy system modelling." The brief gives also examples of what closed source tools are doing better. What can we do to improve the adoption to leverage more benefits of open models? Please join our discussion in this thread or on LinkedIn.

# Website launch with open code:
If you haven't checked it out yet, we also just released a new website. The code is on Github. Hope you might find here and there some interesting and useful parts which you could use for your own website (hosting the website on GitHub is for free):
https://pypsa-meets-africa.github.io/

We can also continue the discussion in the openmod forum here.

Best wishes,

Max