LF Energy and OpenSSF report on cybersecurity in energy infrastructure

robbie....@posteo.de

Dec 13, 2023, 12:41:03 PM12/13/23
to openmod initiative

Hello all

Not so far off‑topic, I hope.  Especially in light of some discussions elsewhere as to whether accurate public data describing grid infrastructure adds materially to the risk of attack and what other public interest considerations would also apply.

LF Energy and OpenSSF have teamed up to promote open source software as adding to security in this short report:
  • LF Energy and Open Source Software Foundation (OpenSSF) (November 2023). Cybersecurity in energy infrastructure: the value of open source software. San Francisco, California, USA: Linux Foundation. Creative Commons CC‑BY‑ND‑4.0.
My copy can through a dedicated link.  You will need to do a web search and then register to obtain the PDF file

The report contains a list of recent cyber‑attacks sustained by power grids and generators around the world.

with best wishes, Robbie