IPCC WG III annex III on energy system methodologies

Robbie Morrison

Apr 4, 2022, 1:09:17 PM4/4/22
to openmod list

Hello all

Have just been combing thru some of the IPCC material released today.

Of most interest to this list would be pages 11–13 of Annex III on energy system modeling methodologies:

And I counted four models from this community that were covered.  So well done to those projects!

I didn't relate much to chapter 6 on energy systems in the main report though.  Moreover, key publications cited in that chapter that I would have studied remain firmly paywalled.  Is that really how best to bring the public along on this journey?

with best wishes, Robbie

--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany

Robbie Morrison

Apr 4, 2022, 1:17:03 PM4/4/22
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

I should not be so coy, mentions for: SWITCH, GenX, PyPSA, Calliope.

Robbie Morrison

Apr 4, 2022, 1:21:31 PM4/4/22
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

And OSeMOSYS too.  (I knew this was a dangerous track to take!)

Matteo De Felice

Apr 5, 2022, 4:04:49 AM4/5/22
to openmod initiative
Dear Robbie,
thanks for sharing this. I totally agree with you about the paywalled publications, this shouldn't happen (in any document with public relevance),
Best regards,