FOSDEM'23 coordination / deadline 03 Dec 2022

Robbie Morrison

Nov 21, 2022, 5:07:07 AM11/21/22
to openmod list, Nico Rikken (FSFE)

Hello all

The deadline for the FOSDEM'23 (Free and Open source Software Developers' European Meeting) Energy Devroom is fast approaching: Saturday 03 December 2022.

More here: https://forum.openmod.org/t/fosdem-energy-devroom-cfp-until-3-december-2022/3472

A couple of points.

  • Nico (@nicorikken) asked me if I could demo a model?  As I don't have a project affiliation, I would be very grateful if someone would volunteer to demo their favorite framework.  Probably remotely, but also equally possible from a laptop in Brussels.  You can do this entirely alone or we could do it together as a joint presentation.
  • People can also coordinate more generally on the openmod forum by posting after the call for participation announcement listed above.

Worth stressing that the FOSS world does not really understand the stuff we do or the contribution this could make, so a good opportunity for some outreach in that direction.

Am just about to give some thought as to what I could best offer in terms of content ..

cheers, Robbie

--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany

Robbie Morrison

Dec 7, 2022, 8:31:05 AM12/7/22
to openmod list, Nico Rikken

Hi all

Two days until the submission of proposals closes.  Presentations may span from 20–50 minutes.  Your delivery can be prerecorded and attendance virtual.  Otherwise front up in Brussels on weekend 04–05 February 2023.

More here: https://forum.openmod.org/t/fosdem-energy-devroom-cfp-until-3-december-2022/3472

At least two from this community have or will submit abstracts.

Robbie

On 03/12/2022 21.42, Nico Rikken wrote:
Hello everyone,

Are you short on time to submit your talk proposal for the Energy Devroom?
We have great news for you! Together with the other organizers of the devroom we decided to give you an extra week for the submission!

New submission deadline is Friday, 9th of December 2022.

We can't wait to see you all in Brussels!

Best regards,
Energy Devroom managers

Robbie Morrison

Dec 8, 2022, 6:03:43 AM12/8/22
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com, Nico Rikken

Hi all, hi also Nico

Just FYI.  I will submit the following three abstracts to the FOSDEM'23 organizers tomorrow, Friday, late:

And will request the shorter 20 minute presentation slots.  FOSDEM is the big open source conference in Brussels.

The audience is technical so my material can be quite advanced too.  Nice!

Any feedback before I submit also welcome!  See the forum posting for suggested channels.

kia ora, Robbie