PDF: What energy system modellers should know about open data and software licenses

Robbie Morrison

Oct 26, 2021, 1:38:02 PMOct 26
to openmod list

Hello all

Attached is the following PDF for your interest:

  • Morrison, Robbie (26 October 2021). What energy system modellers should know about open data and software licences — Release 01. Skills workshop presentation to EMP‑E 2021 online conference, 26 October 2021, 16:00 CEST.

The accompanying one hour video of the presentation should be available in about a fortnight.  For more on the Energy Modelling Platform – Europe (EMP‑E) 2021 event, refer here:

Whereas open source software is relatively well resolved, I argue that the legal context of open data within the European Economic Area is a complete shambles. And that legislative solutions would be useful. That is not so fanciful because the European Commission is currently consulting on a proposed Data Act and a proposed Data Governance Act.  Indeed, I will try and provide oral evidence in Brussels if I get the chance to do so.

My thanks also to Stefanie Mieth, Hertie School, Berlin for helping with the Zoom event.

with best wishes, Robbie

--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany