openmod Berlin beer garden meetup Thursday 9th Sep 6pm in Zenner, Treptower Park

Tom Brown

Sep 6, 2021, 6:23:33 AM9/6/21
to openmod list
Dear openmodders in or near Berlin,

Since no openmod meetings in person have been possible, and the gap is
closing on good weather and covid safety, let's hit a beer garden!

Weather looks good in Berlin on Thursday 9th Sep, so I'd suggest Zenner
in Treptower Park:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/35600307#map=19/52.48752/13.47772

The location and style of the beer garden may not be to everyone's
taste, but it's got lots of space and big tables so we can safely sit at
a distance of 1m apart.

I'll be there from 6pm. If you want to join, please put your name and
probability of appearance here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1unUfQp4Q-obijXacPx8gh3V7sbxgsuJdvECOZyd86Mc/edit?usp=sharing

then I'll try to save a table for the expectation value of the number of
people.

Possible discussion topics:

- Role of (open) modelling results in the German election (cf. Rezo's
recent video, Sofortprogramme usw.)

- Model consolidation

- Model access by public, policy-makers

- Whatever

Languages: German and English.

See you there!

Best wishes,

Tom

--
Prof. Dr. Tom Brown (he/him)
Department of Digital Transformation in Energy Systems

Group website: https://www.ensys.tu-berlin.de/
Personal website: https://nworbmot.org/

Visitor Address:
Einsteinufer 25 (TA 8)
10587 Berlin

Robbie Morrison

Sep 6, 2021, 6:48:37 AM9/6/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

Could also add data:

  • energy sector data: overarching "standards", access and licensing, metadata and curation

cheers, Robbie

On 06/09/2021 12.23, Tom Brown wrote:
Possible discussion topics:
--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49.30.612-87617