sufficiency in the heating sector

luisa Cordroch

Dec 14, 2021, 6:00:03 AM12/14/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
In our research group we want to integrate sufficiency measures into the modeling of the heating sector and investigate the effects of the development of the building stock in more detail. The latter includes, for example, the consideration of construction-related CO2 emissions as well as resource consumption (biomass, land use, sand). The aim is to investigate how sufficiency scenarios differ from growth scenarios and to assess the impact of different policy measures. In this context, I am taking a closer look at the building sector and have two questions for you.

First: Do you know of open-source models for the building sector, bottom-up models for the building stock or similar (especially for Germany)?
Second: Are you familiar with the building sector and could give us feedback on our model development/conception?

We have also recently published sufficiency scenarios for the German heating sector that attempt to comply with a fair carbon budget that contributes to limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees. The project described builds on this work. https://authors.elsevier.com/c/1e3rO98SGp4K-

I would be very happy to hear from you if you can help us with our questions.

All the best
Luisa

--
Luisa Cordroch
Europa-Universität Flensburg

Robin Girard

Dec 14, 2021, 9:22:59 AM12/14/21
to luisa Cordroch, openmod-i...@googlegroups.com, Antoine Rogeau
Dear Luisa, we are working on such a tool/data for France, and we are also interested (in a project that should start in January, but we are still waiting for an answer) in finding datasets to exploit our model in other countries.
The model developed is here

Data sets (all open data) that we use in France are :
— DPE (energy certificates for 8 millions of buildings)
— BD TOPO (GIS data base from IGN describing all building in france
— French census data
— meteorological data
— DSO (electric/gaz) yearly energy consumption (for calibration of model) at the IRIS resolution (IRIS is smaller than commune and contains around 1000 persons in average)

All the best
Robin