Release 2.4-M4 and 2.4-M5 tasks

openmobster openmobster

Nov 21, 2013, 11:30:24 PM11/21/13
to openmobs...@googlegroups.com
Hello OpenMobster Community,

With Release 2.4-M3 nearly reaching feature completion phase, I wanted to run by ideas for tasks to include in the next two releases, 2.4-M4 and 2.4-M5.

Here is a list of tasks for both releases:

Release 2.4-M4 tasks (Planning Stage)

  • Support for Horizontal Scaling via integration with the AWS Elastic Load Balancer
  • Add Support for Streaming Binary Content to the Sync Engine
  • Upgrade to JBoss 7
  • More iOS7 based Sample Apps with Push Notifications
  • Integrate SQLCipher to provide an Encrypted Database Option for Android
  • Develop the SalesForce?.com SDK. This will provide the infrastructure needed to mobilize an Enterprise's SalesForce?.com data to their Mobile Apps. The SDK will be provided Free and Open Source

Release 2.4-M5 tasks (Planning Stage)

  • Add Support for Windows Phone 8 SDK
If there is something else you would like to add to these releases please let me know by discussing on the thread.

Thanks
Sohil
CEO, OpenMobster, Open Source MBaaS Platform
Message has been deleted

Sohil Shah

Nov 22, 2013, 9:05:38 AM11/22/13
to openmobs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sreelal,

OpenMobster version 2.4-M3 is not tagged yet. It has reached code freeze stage. After a testing/bug fixing cycle it will be tagged.

For now if you want to get the latest code, I would recommend getting the 2.4-SNAPSHOT located at:
svn checkout http://openmobster.googlecode.com/svn/branches/2.4-SNAPSHOT openmobster-read-only

Thanks
Sohil

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 2:07 AM, <Sre...@rsalesarm.com> wrote:
Hi sohil,

Happy to hear about Openmobster latest release.Kindly provide the link to download the 2.4-M3 svn.

thanks ,
sreelal

klausc...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2013, 9:38:05 AM11/27/13
to openmobs...@googlegroups.com
Great job, Sohil.

I suggest an API in the Device side that exposes the registration / login features, allowing the applications to make their own registration / login screens and workflows.
In the Management Console, i suggest the feature of "login modules". It would have predetermined types of login modules (fixed user/password, http basic authentication to another server, etc) and you would be able to create a chain of login modules instances. The Device's User would only be authenticated if the login was granted in all the login modules instances.

Thanks,

kre...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2014, 4:29:12 AM9/10/14
to openmobs...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Great work done. But lately I see only a little activity on current SVN. What is the current plan for the 2.4-M4 and M5?
Since Windows Phone market will very probably grow in the enterprise area (actually it is growing quite fast), when is it expected to have for example Windows Phone 8 support (2.4-M5)?

Regards,
Marek