Next meeting, in persona meeting, and inviting others

Richard Hartmann

Aug 29, 2017, 2:02:24 PM8/29/17
to openm...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

we are still struck with a case of the summer holidays, so we would
tend to skip the next meeting. Please fill in your preferences here:

https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/5ft8e9jz/

Also, we are wondering if there should be a face-to-face meeting; if
you didn't, please fill out:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeMTwfh4wjiiLk3SUjU1lDmpSSdvXASmkrV3jN82XbErQwNlw/viewform?c=0&w=1&includes_info_params=true

@Jeromy can you share the result sheet with us as well?
Depending on if we meet in person, I would shift the issue-deadline
from end of September to the meeting time so we discuss, and decide,
in person.

Next, there's something related happening: TSQL, an effort to
standardize on a query language.
While a QL will probably have more built-in assumptions than an
exposition format, this might still be interesting to some:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/timeseriesql

We can also consider to invite them to comment on our issues, or even
to fold their effort into ours, considering that we're roughly in the
same space and that we already have buy-in from CNCF TOC.

Finally, speaking of issues and at the risk of sounding like a broken
record, I have a nice collection of issues for you to read and comment
on :)

https://github.com/RichiH/OpenMetrics/issues

Best,
Richard

Jeromy Carriere

Aug 29, 2017, 2:06:59 PM8/29/17
to Richard Hartmann, openm...@googlegroups.com
Everyone should get an email with the link to the survey results.

Thanks for the pointer to TSQL ... we're also working on exposing a query language (over Monarch) via Stackdriver.  FWIW, I'd suggest we keep the efforts separate, but definitely get input on the data model.