mdimport -X dumps my spotlight schema

mc23646266

Dec 9, 2009, 4:12:49 PM12/9/09
to OpenMeta
I read something about a spotlight scheme in a manual page. Have a
look at 'mdimport -X'.

I redirected the output and I am studying it right now. I am still
learning.
Maybe this are the right googles?

My findings what's going wrong with this whole spotlight and openmeta
mess on my machine.

Assumption: If I am right, all 'openmeta enabled apps use the same
"tags"'? Does it mean they have to use
the same 'attrs' in their Types?

listed under 'Types' I found:
"com.gravityapps.tags" = {
allattrs = (
kOMUserTags,
kOMUserTagApplication,
kOMUserTagTime,
kOMGravityTagsApp
);
displayattrs = (
kOMUserTags,
kOMUserTagApplication,
kOMUserTagTime
);
name = "com.gravityapps.tags";
};
"com.openmeta.openmetaschema" = {
allattrs = (
kMDItemOMUserTags,
kMDItemOMUserTagTime,
kMDItemOMDocumentDate,
kMDItemOMBookmarks,
kMDItemOMUserTagApplication,
kMDItemOMManaged
);
displayattrs = (
kMDItemOMUserTags,
kMDItemOMUserTagTime,
kMDItemOMDocumentDate,
kMDItemOMBookmarks,
kMDItemOMUserTagApplication,
kMDItemOMManaged
);
name = "com.openmeta.openmetaschema";
};

I did not find 'Types' for all of the vendors I am using openmeta-
enabled software from.
To recall I use: tagger, tagit, taglists, mailtags, defaultfolderx,
tags, (leap, yep, deep, fresh).

In the first part of 'mdimport -X' in the Attributes-Section i can
identify this attrs:
kOMGravityTagsApp = {
multivalued = 0;
name = kOMGravityTagsApp;
nosearch = 1;
type = CFString;
};
kOMUserTagApplication = {
multivalued = 0;
name = kOMUserTagApplication;
type = CFString;
};
kOMUserTagTime = {
multivalued = 0;
name = kOMUserTagTime;
nosearch = 1;
type = CFDate;
};
kOMUserTags = {
multivalued = 1;
name = kOMUserTags;
type = CFString;
};

With 'mdimport -X' I am asking MY machine?
Why isn't every attr from the Types-Section 'declared' in the
Attributes-Section?
What can I do to make my machine filling in metadata at the right
places?

=:-)f