Update: OpenLMIS Community Meeting Rescheduled

Mary Jo Kochendorfer

Aug 10, 2018, 8:57:36 PM8/10/18
to OpenLMIS Dev, openlmis_prod...@googlegroups.com, openlmis-...@googlegroups.com

Dear OpenLMIS Community,

We are rescheduling the OpenLMIS community meeting in hopes to coordinate timing with upcoming industry conferences. We made the decision due to resource constraints (both staffing and funding) to give us a bit more time and align with conferences.  For those of you on the Gap development team, we are stilling to have team representatives meet in-person in the month of September to discuss current the current work and focus in on reporting metrics.

Instead of the one OpenLMIS community meeting, we are discussing the following ideas for two in-person gatherings/meetings in 2018:

  • Add a day on to the Global Health Supply Chain Summit (GHSCS) conference Lusaka, Zambia, November 28-30.  We can leverage the conference to invite prospective implementers to showcase OpenLMIS version 3 and introduce the Trusted Partner support services for deployment/implementation. We can also do some activities around prioritizing key features and hearing directly from prospective users about what they care most about. Trusted Partners, would this type of event to showcase OpenLMIS and your service offerings be of interest?  Are you planning to attend the conference?
  • Add a day on to the Global Digital Health Forum (GDHF) conference in Washington DC, USA December 10th & 11th. We could have the global community stakeholders come together to do a roadmap prioritization and discuss the long-term strategy of the community. OpenLMIS submitted multiple abstracts for the forum so hopefully we can capitalize on people traveling to the conference for this type of OpenLMIS community meeting.  Please let me know if you are planning to attend the conference.

Thank you for your understanding in the reschedule and please let us know if you have any additional thoughts or comments.

Much appreciated,

Mary Jo

Mary Jo Kochendorfer

OpenLMIS Product Manager

Maryjo.ko...@openlmis.org

CELL/WhatsAPP: +1.612.703.5034

SKYPE: Maryjo.kochendorfer.vr

OpenLMIS.org  OpenLMIS Wiki

/var/folders/z4/bk_33vs93rl3pdmsg4v3mtkm0000gn/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidD1B13B4A-1E21-47D5-8298-B3F89393CE50

Wes Brown

Aug 13, 2018, 10:30:35 AM8/13/18
to OpenLMIS Dev, openlmis_prod...@googlegroups.com, openlmis-...@googlegroups.com, Mary Jo Kochendorfer
Hello All,

Would there be any interest in including a couple day hackathon after one of these gatherings? I have found that giving a bunch of developers the opportunity to work together and hang out in the same physical space is a great way to foster community and get some interesting work done in a short amount of time. Are there any thoughts on whether we should pursue this and, if so, which gathering we should target?

Thanks,

Wesley Brown | wes....@openlmis.org
Senior Technical Manager

Direct: +1.206.486.3050 | Kenya/WhatsApp: +254.707.263.727
SKYPE: wesbrown1_2

brandon.bowersox-johnson

Aug 13, 2018, 11:30:43 AM8/13/18
to OpenLMIS Dev
+1 for Wes's idea of including a hackathon/developer days after both of those gatherings. At the OpenHIE event just held in Arusha, it was hugely valuable to bring developers from many countries together working on similar issues and tools. We need to invest in developer capacity building and skills sharing across our 9 implementations.

Regarding the 2 conferences, I also wanted to mention a third event (info below), a Tanzania Health Supply Chain Summit in October 2018. At that event, Alfred Mchau suggests we could propose a GS1 session with the government team (those from TZ that attended the GS1 conference in Addis) presenting the high level value statement/business case. Also, it would be great if we could do a demo of OpenLMIS or support local teams to hold a demo showcasing the GS1 track-and-trace for people to see.

-----

TANZANIA HEALTH SUPPLY CHAIN SUMMIT 2018
"Vision 2025 and Beyond"
October 10-11, 2018
Doubletree Hilton Hotel, Dar es Salaam

The health supply chain summit will focus on strengthening public delivery of health commodities and promote private sector engagement by providing a platform for supply chain partners to meet and discuss current status and future country directions.

SESSIONS INCLUDE:

  1. Current Status of Tanzania Health Supply Chain.
  2. Global trends in Health Supply Chain.
  3. Supply chain of the future; Innovation and best practices.
  4. Future direction of Tanzania Supply Chain.

NOTE:

  • We have limited slots, so register on or before 15th September to reserve your seat.
  • Conference packages are covered for all participants throughout the whole duration of the Summit.
  • Government participants from outside Dar es Salaam will be entitled to per diem and reimbursement of land transport expenses.

For more information, please contact: secre...@healthsupplychain-summit.or.tz

TO REGISTER, CLICK ANY LINK BELOW:
Participants registration

Exhibitors registration