APICS 2018 Trip Report

brandon.bowersox-johnson

Oct 8, 2018, 5:45:18 PM10/8/18
to OpenLMIS Dev
Hi OpenLMIS Dev Forum,

Last week I attended the APICS 2018 supply chain conference. There was a lot of talk of Blockchain and Control Towers, although few people there had heard of 'LMIS' because that term is unique to global health. Overall, it was very helpful to understand leading supply chain trends and technologies as we consider the opportunities and future of OpenLMIS.

Here is a Trip Report including presentations posted to our wiki:

My general feeling is this: the OpenLMIS dev community is a group of developers working on supply chain systems, and we should try to build our collective knowledge of supply chains and the technologies solutions in this area to help inform our work going forward.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks,

-Brandon Bowersox-Johnson