2019 OpenLMIS Product Roadmap: Request for help

Mary Jo Kochendorfer

Aug 22, 2018, 5:52:15 PM8/22/18
to OpenLMIS Governance, openlmis_prod...@googlegroups.com, OpenLMIS Dev

Hello OpenLMIS Community,

We are currently in the process of drafting a proposal for Notice C and I need your help!  I know we are busy but I’m writing to request your input into the 2019 Product Roadmap. We currently have a process for requesting new features (instructions here) but we haven’t received many requests over the past year.  In attempts to start the process of prioritizing a community roadmap, I need your ideas and input.

In an attempt to make it as easy as possible, there are three ways to submit your ideas and suggestions!

Option 1: Follow these instructions and suggest a new feature in JIRA. You only need to create the ticket, but not email the Product Committee.

Option 2: Call in on Monday August 27 at 7:00am Pacific / 2:00pm UTC and verbally share your ideas. I will be taking live notes and creating a list of suggested new features.

Option 3: Respond to this email with the following information:

  • Description: Include the user story and detailed description of the desired new feature, functionality or improvement. Highlight the end user value. Include user steps and edge cases if applicable. Attach screen shots or diagrams if useful in building a shared understanding of the suggested feature.

On August 29th, I will begin to categorize all the ideas so that we can clearly see what the scope of possibility is. The Product Committee will then begin the process of prioritizing the different categories and specific ideas.

In hopes to make this entire process community driven, please submit your ideas today!!  Don’t forget to clearly outline how you feel the new feature will provide value and impact!!

Need ideas to get the creative thoughts flowing? Below is a list of things I’ve heard before and would be excited to hear if you too are interested in any of the following. We need these ideas coming from folks who are currently using (or building) OpenLMIS or are thinking of using OpenLMIS in the future.

* Standards for interoperability: support advanced GS1 (GLN, EPICS and more).

* Offline features and facility level stock tracking functionality (via integration or enhancing the current stock management service)

* Usability improvements

* Easy to use and intuitive reporting and analytics

* Program data collection

* De-centralized batch/lot code management

* Batch order fulfillment and distributions

* Improvements in features within requisitions, fulfillment and stock management. (we need specific ideas here!!)

* Integration opportunities with:

  • Asset management systems
  • Transport management systems (ex. LoMIS)
  • Laboratory management systems (ex. OpenELIS)
  • GS1 compliant Product registries
  • Reporting platforms (ex. DHIS2, national dashboards, etc.)
  • Mobile devices and offline facility applications (ex. OpenSRP, SIGLUS, Logistimo, facility edition, etc.)

Mary Jo Kochendorfer

OpenLMIS Product Manager

Maryjo.ko...@openlmis.org

CELL/WhatsAPP: +1.612.703.5034

SKYPE: Maryjo.kochendorfer.vr

OpenLMIS.org  OpenLMIS Wiki

/var/folders/z4/bk_33vs93rl3pdmsg4v3mtkm0000gn/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidD1B13B4A-1E21-47D5-8298-B3F89393CE50

Mary Jo Kochendorfer

Aug 26, 2018, 6:51:36 PM8/26/18
to OpenLMIS Governance, openlmis_prod...@googlegroups.com, OpenLMIS Dev

Hello OpenLMIS Community,

A friendly reminder that I’ll be holding a call tomorrow at 7:00am Pacific (see call in details highlight below) to hear about your ideas and feature suggestions for 2019.

Thanks,

Mary Jo