FAILED TO ENABLE SHM SSL CACHE. SERVER DID NOT INITIALIZE

Matty

Dec 21, 2015, 4:14:39 PM12/21/15
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
I've trying to enable SSL on my sites but when every I look at my logs, I've got the following listed:
FAILED TO ENABLE SHM SSL CACHE. SERVER DID NOT INITIALIZE

How can I fix this?

David

Dec 21, 2015, 5:17:18 PM12/21/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
This is because failed to initialize the share-memory for the SSL cache.
So what is your version and platform and we will try to check if we can reproduce it.
Anyway, do you SSL works or not?
Thanks for your feedback.
David

Matty

Matty

Dec 21, 2015, 5:24:41 PM12/21/15
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
The SSL seems to be working ok, its just the warning in the error log that has me concerned.

David

Dec 21, 2015, 5:29:39 PM12/21/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
OK. This is what it supposes to be.
We will find out what reason cause share-memory not work, but anyway, without share-memory, SSL still will work.
BTW, do you install from rpm or from the source code?

Matty

Dec 21, 2015, 6:07:19 PM12/21/15
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
from source

Matty

Dec 30, 2015, 2:55:34 PM12/30/15
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
I think I've figured out the cause of this. There was a setting in the main server configuration that I needed to enable.

David

Dec 30, 2015, 4:43:24 PM12/30/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear that you have figured out it.
Thanks.

On 12/30/2015 2:55 PM, Matty wrote:
I think I've figured out the cause of this. There was a setting in the main server configuration that I needed to enable.

George

Jan 18, 2017, 4:04:53 AM1/18/17
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Hi, do you recall which setting that was? I'm getting the same error and my SSL-enabled vhosts throw 404 errors.

Edward Dore

Feb 12, 2017, 11:31:54 AM2/12/17
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
It's *REALLY* annoying when someone says "fixed it" but doesn't say how, isn't it!

Having just run into this myself, here's what I had to do in order to get rid of the message in the error logs; setting Listeners -> SSL -> Security & Features -> Enable Session Cache isn't enough it seems, you also have to set Server Configuration -> Tuning -> SSL Global Settings -> Enable Session Cache.

I don't think this would be causing your 404 errors though.

Edward