HTTP/3 Support

ferlu...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2021, 6:29:34 PM3/13/21
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
I am using cloudflare and litespeed, checked this guide https://docs.litespeedtech.com/cp/cpanel/quic-http3/
I enabled http/3 on Cloudflare and my page on https://http3check.net/ shows:
image_2021-03-13_182652.png
when I check on the network tab it shows h2 and not h3 like in for example
image_2021-03-13_182800.png
image_2021-03-13_182852.png

Anyone has an idea of what maybe going on?
I am using the latest OLS version on debian 10
Thanks in advance

qtwrk

Mar 13, 2021, 6:36:55 PM3/13/21
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
if you have cloudflare in front , that's CF that controls/manages the connection to your browser, not OLS

not sure what version of your FF supports , but you need make sure the H3 FF supports and CF provides , matches.

ferlu...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2021, 7:05:57 PM3/13/21
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Sorry but what does FF stands for?
I just tried disabling the cloudflare proxy
and the check now displays:
image_2021-03-13_190500.png

and this is what the network tap shows now:
image_2021-03-13_190317.png
and something interesting is that I see than in the headers this is what I see
image_2021-03-13_190406.png
Basically sayting the versions that is supporting but It stills shows h2 on most requests, I wonder why?

qtwrk

Mar 13, 2021, 7:16:59 PM3/13/21
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
oops , sorry ,  misread FireFox somewhere.

you can go to chrome://net-export/  to enable chrome log , see what it was doing  and it will also show the version it supports

if your browser has failed connection before ,  try clean up browser cache and restart it few times , so it will clean up the broken history to re-try the H3/QUIC connection

ferlu...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2021, 8:07:05 PM3/13/21
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Yeah, clearing up cache and site data fixed the issue. Thanks!

ferlu...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2021, 9:13:47 PM3/14/21
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
I've kept investigating but I can only get it working without the cloudflare's proxy. Is there a way to use cloudflare proxy && get http3?
This is the same page in a subdomain without the  CF proxy:

image_2021-03-14_201225.png
This is the page on a domain that has the CF proxy:
image_2021-03-14_201324.png
Both hosted on the same machine. Any ideas?

qtwrk

Mar 14, 2021, 9:22:34 PM3/14/21
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
yeah but you should contact CloudFlare support for this, since it's CF that does the final connection to your browser, instead of OLS.