Schema language

Julien Le Dem

Nov 2, 2020, 6:28:14 PM11/2/20
to OpenLineage
I've opened an issue to pick the language to formalize the OpenLineage metadata.
I'm proposing an OpenAPI spec which is fairly portable and supports code generation in many languages:
https://github.com/OpenLineage/OpenLineage/issues/2
Please chime in if you have another preference or support this.
Here is an example of what an initial spec would look like:

Julien Le Dem

Nov 3, 2020, 5:38:00 PM11/3/20
to OpenLineage
In particular, avro schemas can be generated from that.

Julien Le Dem

Nov 5, 2020, 8:50:48 PM11/5/20
to OpenLineage
I have added a simple generator to the PR so that we can get an idea of what the api looks like:

Julien Le Dem

Dec 1, 2020, 9:51:46 PM12/1/20
to Julien Le Dem, OpenLineage
I have updated the initial spec to be more compact and have added a document to describe the contract.

Julien Le Dem

Dec 4, 2020, 12:43:23 AM12/4/20
to Julien Le Dem, OpenLineage
I have updated the PR with a leaner spec:
In particular it describes facets and how the model can be extended.
I find https://editor.swagger.io/ convenient to look at the yml file.

Julien