identity in an iphone world

stevecrossan

Apr 28, 2010, 8:21:35 PM4/28/10
to OpenLike
Does anyone know about identity management in an iphone world, given
the api for apps?

In particular, is there a way to carry an identity from one app to
another (e.g., to like an article on the nyt app with my fb account).

Of course in some sense all apps are identity-enabled - through your
itunes account - but I don't think the app developer has access to
that identity?

Steve

Kingsley Idehen

Apr 28, 2010, 8:33:55 PM4/28/10
to open...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

Please take a look at:

1. http://esw.w3.org/Foaf+ssl/FAQ
2. http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/howto_get_a_foaf_ssl -- but there
may be an issue re. bugs introduced by recent iPhone OS releases .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President & CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen

Steve Crossan

Apr 28, 2010, 8:53:35 PM4/28/10
to open...@googlegroups.com
thanks!

great - so iiuc we need sthing like a foafssl iphone app so you don't have to do the browser-save-mail-yourself-the-certificate-install it part and you're done (at least with carrying id between apps, not necessarily using it from apps).

or we need some high profile existing iphone apps to support creating and installing.
--
Steve Crossan
+1 650 276 0788

Kingsley Idehen

Apr 29, 2010, 1:02:59 AM4/29/10
to open...@googlegroups.com
Steve Crossan wrote:
> thanks!
>
> great - so iiuc we need sthing like a foafssl iphone app so you don't
> have to do the browser-save-mail-yourself-the-certificate-install it
> part and you're done (at least with carrying id between apps, not
> necessarily using it from apps).
Yes.

> or we need some high profile existing iphone apps to support creating
> and installing.

Or just let Safari on the iPhone behave like Safari on the Desktop :-)

Kingsley