Request for Captains

Chase Southard

Jul 4, 2018, 6:00:58 PM7/4/18
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It’s been a while - too long.

Today seems like an appropriate day to discuss a new revolution for OpenLex. It’s time for someone else to take over, become the next Captain, and revitalize the group. I’m proud of the things we’ve accomplished, and I am very grateful for the time and energy that you have contributed over the last 8 years or so. I’ve hit burnout, but I think there are still interesting opportunities for us on the horizon.

Attached here is a document that outlines the basic responsibilities of a captain (2 are preferred). Within the document is a form to nominate yourself to become the next captain. The deadline is August 1st to find a new captain. If we fail to find a new captain(s), then we may have to break our MOU with CfA, and I’m not sure what would be next.

I’ve posted the same in our Slack group. Sign up if you haven’t already to continue this conversation: https://openlex-slackin.herokuapp.com

Later,

Chase

Matthew W. Wilson

Jul 5, 2018, 2:55:43 PM7/5/18
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all your efforts and enthusiasm, Chase! OpenLex was such an important group for me when I moved to UK back in 2011... will hope that we find a great leader to move the conversations forward...

Best,
Matt

Matthew W. Wilson, PhD
Associate Professor of Geography, University of Kentucky
Visiting Scholar, Harvard University