Nov. & Dec. hack nights

Chase Southard

Nov 18, 2014, 9:20:23 PM11/18/14
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Ah, November. The air gets a little crisper, men shave their beards to grow mustaches, and the holidays are quickly approaching.

Tuesday Night Hack Nights: Across the nation, volunteers are exploring data sets, building applications, and otherwise hacking for the betterment of their community. We hack on some Tuesdays too. Unfortunately November has been a little hectic. With travel, health, election day, upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, and weather delays, it has been difficult for myself and the other organizers to be able to hold a hack night this month. I apologize for that.

Next upcoming hack night should be December 4th, I look forward to that. We can look at projects to finish up the year and plan for 2015.

I'm also thinking of maybe a New Year's Eve Eve Hack Night on the 30th.

Look for the Hack Night listings on Meetup in the next couple of days.

Hope to see y'all soon.

All the best,

Chase

Mike Dillion

Nov 18, 2014, 11:03:35 PM11/18/14
to openle...@googlegroups.com
+1!

Mike Dillion

Nov 24, 2014, 3:15:10 PM11/24/14
to openle...@googlegroups.com

Nick Such

Nov 25, 2014, 12:45:25 AM11/25/14
to openle...@googlegroups.com
RSVP'd! Have a great Thanksgiving, see you all next week!

-Nick
___________________

Nick Such
Director of Awesome Inc U

Awesome Inc™ | Create and Grow High Tech Startups

#LearnToCode -> AwesomeIncU.com

Erik Schwartz

Nov 25, 2014, 3:16:44 PM11/25/14
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Adding councilmembers to the Open Civic Data API could be a fun little project for a hack day: http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2014/11/24/help-liberate-your-towns-info-with-the-open-civic-data-project/

Side note, since my ladyfriend and I are making the move to Lexington in January I'll be able to hit the next meetup! Super excited :P

Erik Schwartz | 2014 Fellow, Lexington | Code for America | p:773-860-0685 | @eeeschwartz