Meetup: Oct 11, 7pm at Maketime

Erik Schwartz

Oct 5, 2016, 2:26:20 PM10/5/16
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Howdy folks,

Come plot and scheme on some community tech projects with OpenLexington!

Tha meeting

October 11, 7-8:30pm

Rough agenda

See you all there!

Erik

(Apologies to Jack King for the Tuesday meeting - we'll see about switching to a different day in the future).

Jack King

Oct 5, 2016, 3:08:00 PM10/5/16
to openle...@googlegroups.com
I actually just finished a viz that shows restaurant openings fed from a google sheet which is thusly fed from your GitHub data!

Using the newest version of Tableau Public you can pull info on a scheduled basis from Google Sheet's connectors and those you can tie back to a CSV via the =importdata() command.

Anyway... so now the restaurant map should be up-to-date permanently now. =)

I'll be there and I'll be bringing my girlfriend's kid who's super interested in Lexington data as well and wants to be part of all of it (she's 16, yay young people and data)!

I'd also like to add to the agenda getting more direct access to PVA data. I recently got them to agree to a partnership to do a little study but the holistic set of data could tell us a lot more about the growth/evolving of Lex over time.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

-Jack

Erik Schwartz

Oct 5, 2016, 3:20:00 PM10/5/16
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Jack - holy smokes that is super cool. We'll have to get the word out about this!

Erik Schwartz | 2014 Fellow, Lexington | Code for America | p:773-860-0685 | @eeeschwartz

Jack King

Oct 11, 2016, 6:50:57 PM10/11/16
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Running a little late but I'll be there by 7:30.

-Jack