*Taps Open Data Mic* Is this thing on?!

Jack King

Sep 26, 2016, 3:32:51 PM9/26/16
to OpenLexington
Hi there Lexington Open Data Peeps,

Where's the action these days? Who wants to get together and chat soon? Chase wanna get a meetup going and get some invites out? I'm down for anytime after October 1st. If people are still down I'd like to throw out some things to look at. Someone respond and we can start getting an agenda of topics together.

-Jack

Blake Hall

Sep 26, 2016, 7:10:38 PM9/26/16
to OpenLexington
I'll be back in town permanently after the 4th and would be down for a meetup.

Nick Such

Sep 29, 2016, 11:04:11 AM9/29/16
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Whoa! Welcome back @Blake!

I have a few adult students in Awesome Inc's Web Developer Bootcamp who may be interested in joining OpenLexington. We have some project time coming up, so if you're looking for someone to start / finish something on the todo list...

-Nick
___________________

Nick Such
Director of Awesome Inc U

Awesome Inc U™ | Learn To Code

KY's entrepreneurial and tech community is growing! - see how

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 12:32 PM Jack King <info...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there Lexington Open Data Peeps,

Where's the action these days? Who wants to get together and chat soon? Chase wanna get a meetup going and get some invites out? I'm down for anytime after October 1st. If people are still down I'd like to throw out some things to look at. Someone respond and we can start getting an agenda of topics together.

-Jack

Blake Hall

Sep 29, 2016, 12:43:56 PM9/29/16
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! There is also a well timed Buildycrunken on the 7th where I was planning on doing some hacking of the civic nature.
Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1778200639124056/

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 8:04 AM Nick Such <ni...@awesomeinc.org> wrote:
[...]

Chase Southard

Sep 29, 2016, 12:47:59 PM9/29/16
to openle...@googlegroups.com
First, Blake it will be great to have you back in Lex.

Second, I suppose the best way to describe my emotional state with regard to OpenLexington is burn out. It might be time to inject new life into the organizational team. We need more focus and direction. Thank you for Jack for trying to spark interest again. Below I'll outline what we've been up to.

- we no longer receive an annual budget from CfA HQ, but instead we can raise our own money and use CfA as a fiscal sponsor for a fee (%10). There's a big shake up that's happening over yonder including the Brigade Program.
- This summer we've been working on finding a sustainable model to support continued development of GetHelpLex.org which included a grant obtained by our community partner there Voices of Hope to outsource to local professionals who can help with major feature development.
- We continue to support the LexToLIVES ETL scripts and related GIthub Pages site for Yelp's consumption of LFCHD Restaruant Scores.
- We continue to support the What's My District hyperlocal civics app.
- We continue to support CutePetsLex pet adoption twitter bot.

There are some efforts that we need to undertake:

- revitalizing our website that reflects who we are, what we do, and how we do it
- establishing projects and combining force efforts with the folks at Louisville CDA
- re-establish a regular meeting schedule. meetings are welcome here at MakeTime
- consider, plan for, and raise funds for an annual event NDoCH, CodeAcross, CityCamp in 2017
- continue to establish partners inside city gov
- partner with other local development and user groups (eg MaptimeLex!)

I'm happy to meetup with anyone to discuss this or things anytime.

Later,

Chase

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Blake Hall <bl...@blakeshall.com> wrote:
I'll be back in town permanently after the 4th and would be down for a meetup.
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 12:32 PM Jack King <info...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there Lexington Open Data Peeps,

Where's the action these days? Who wants to get together and chat soon? Chase wanna get a meetup going and get some invites out? I'm down for anytime after October 1st. If people are still down I'd like to throw out some things to look at. Someone respond and we can start getting an agenda of topics together.

-Jack

R. Chase Southard
@southard

Erik Schwartz

Sep 30, 2016, 8:32:25 AM9/30/16
to openle...@googlegroups.com
This is a great thread!

Jack, thanks for kicking it off
Blake, thanks for breaking yourself back to Lexington :)
Nick, thanks for opening a connection to the Bootcampers
Chase, thanks for the thoughtful write-up

We can do some great things with this crew! And the city has a bunch of good things happening that could dovetail. I'm game to facilitate.

I'll be out of town for the Buildycrunken but how about a meetup on a Tuesday: Oct 11, 18, or 25?

Erik Schwartz | 2014 Fellow, Lexington | Code for America | p:773-860-0685 | @eeeschwartz

Todd Willey

Oct 1, 2016, 1:38:56 AM10/1/16
to openle...@googlegroups.com
11th sounds great!

>>> --
>>

>> --
>> R. Chase Southard
>> @southard
>> http://southard.co
>>
>> --
>

> --
> Erik Schwartz | 2014 Fellow, Lexington | Code for America | p:773-860-0685 |
> @eeeschwartz

Jack King

Oct 1, 2016, 7:39:51 AM10/1/16
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Gang is there any way we could do something other than a Tuesday? I coach my junior roller derby team and have men's derby practice that night. I can skip Men's but I can't skip kids. 5-730 would be out for me.