Updated Restaurant Inspection scores

Nick Such

Aug 11, 2014, 12:13:58 PM8/11/14
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Saw this from our friends at the Health Department:

LexKy Health Dept. (@LFCHD)
Dining out in Lexington this weekend? We've just updated our latest restaurant inspection scores. Know before you go! bit.ly/LexKyRestauran…

Here's the link incase the above doesn't work: bit.ly/LexKyRestaurants

- Nick
___________

Nick Such
Co-founder, Awesome Inc

#learntocode - http://awesomeincu.com

Matthew W. Wilson

Aug 11, 2014, 1:15:06 PM8/11/14
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Any ideas for why the downloadable XLS file is formatted so strangely? (See the Violation List.)

Erik Schwartz

Aug 11, 2014, 3:52:19 PM8/11/14
to openle...@googlegroups.com
A while back the health department began separating the violations with spaces. I have a branch to parse this new format here: https://github.com/eeeschwartz/Lex_to_LIVES/tree/2014-lhd-format.

I'll submit the PR to OpenLexington once the health department adds the 'Est Number' column to the xls file. We're close!
--
Erik Schwartz | 2014 Fellow, Lexington | Code for America | p:773-860-0685 | @eeeschwartz

Nick Such

Aug 12, 2014, 9:11:14 PM8/12/14
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Matt - Welcome back to KY!

Erik - woohoo, progress!

-Nick
___________________

Nick Such
Director of Awesome Inc U

Awesome Inc™ | Create and Grow High Tech Startups

#LearnToCode -> AwesomeIncU.com

Erik Schwartz

Aug 13, 2014, 11:05:53 PM8/13/14
to openle...@googlegroups.com
Definitely! The health dept has been great and we've arrived at a machine-readable list of scores with all of the necessary information! Before too long we should be able to get them posted on Yelp.

Anyone interested in helping with the final push and launching the application that feeds Yelp the scores?

https://github.com/openlexington/Lex_to_LIVES