COGs in GCS to into Openlayers

Arun Govind

Oct 19, 2020, 5:18:24 PM10/19/20
to OpenLayers Dev
Hi,
How I can use cloud optimized GeoTIFFs (COGs) exported from Google Earth Engine (GEE) to Google Cloud Storage (GCS) buckets to be integrated and read into Openlayers?

Web map app will have users (many-sites & many-dates - time-series imagery). Each user area of interest (AOI) is a bucket and so unique. There will be many buckets and unique to each user AOI. Each bucket will have different image types (8 bit - true color & false color, 32 bit - ndvi, etc.). Images aren't huge (1-10-100 MB) and a user bucket will be 1-10 GB for few years of data. A specific user can access only images from their bucket, and the user will likely access the recent and latest images in their bucket. Each COG time-series image will have a filename format: Bucket_Sensor_Type_Date.tif (Image date of 01Aug2020 format).
My plan is to manually run GEE codes on user setup to export past years data over user AOI, and then schedule to run GEE codes daily (once/twice) to identify and export any new images for user AOIs. Once new COGs exported to user buckets, codes run to create/update any latest modified images and publish them for web mapping and make available to users.

Thank you,
Arun