OffscreenCanvas?

Delaney Gillilan

Dec 10, 2019, 4:23:53 PM12/10/19
to OpenLayers Dev

I'd liked to use OpenLayers to generate textures to be used in a ThreeJS scene. Ideally this could be done in an OffscreenCanvas on a separate web worker. I don't see a way to do this currently.

If that's not possible is there an example of having direct control over the canvas used by the Map to render to instead it creating/removing the canvas from a container div (The target in the Map constructor)?  I don't know if its a situation of lack of documentation/examples or missing features. Looking more for guidance than anything else at this stage.

Thanks!