UpdateWhileAnimating (and Interacting) for Image layers?

Jeff Dischler

Feb 13, 2020, 11:58:56 AM2/13/20
to OpenLayers Dev
I'm using an Image layer and noticed while zooming in/out that images seem to be clipped to the viewport and only refresh after animations are done. It looks pretty unpolished.

I've seen similar things happen on Vector Layers but I found an "updateWhileAnimating" boolean and was willing to sacrifice performance for things looking nicer... so I tried the same here.

But it doesn't work because this feature is restricted to Vector layers (and children).

Is there a reason why this feature isn't more universal?