Main electronics spec

Charles Yarnold

May 16, 2011, 9:11:49 AM5/16/11
to openla...@googlegroups.com
I have started a page for working out the main module for the system.

Please use this page fore low level stuff, such as "I2C bus for plugin communication" rather than "shock unit to make you feel when you get hit"

Sol

Charles Yarnold

May 16, 2011, 9:45:49 AM5/16/11
to openla...@googlegroups.com
After a quick chat with Bob, we are looking at starting dev on the arduino, and moving it over to a teensy based design once we get to making a custom board.

Sol

Bob Clough

May 17, 2011, 7:36:27 AM5/17/11
to openla...@googlegroups.com
The atmega32u4 used on the teensy costs £3.50, a usb socket is about 30p.  If we're going to make a custom board we may as well go for the TQFP44 package atmega (just about hand solderable) and drop the teensy completely at that point.

tom

May 24, 2011, 9:25:49 AM5/24/11
to OpenLaserTag
can we get pads for regulated 5v? I'd like to build a USB charger for
my phone into mine