We has bluetooth!

Sam Cook

May 21, 2011, 9:29:54 AM5/21/11
to openla...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

Just so you know I've received the 4 bluetooth UART modules and a free adaptor chip.

Will bring them to the London HS tomorrow.

tom

May 21, 2011, 9:35:13 AM5/21/11
to openla...@googlegroups.com
\o/

tom

May 23, 2011, 5:01:44 AM5/23/11
to OpenLaserTag
it looks like we'll need to either solder headers on these or etch a
carrier board like the one theyve given us. I'm up for the latter as
its more fun :) I'll try doing this tonight and see what I can coax
out of the modules

Sam Cook

May 23, 2011, 10:13:36 AM5/23/11
to openla...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me!

Unless work goes amazingly well I probably won't be there until tomorrow so hopefully catch you then!

tom

May 23, 2011, 4:50:25 PM5/23/11
to OpenLaserTag
good news everyone!
I've got the BT board soldered to its little carrier board and tested
fine! It took some fighting to get it to configure but I've
succesfully got a 9600 serial link to it.

Theyre 3.3 volt devices though, bear that in mind when hooking them
up :)

On May 23, 3:13 pm, Sam Cook <sam.lindenrat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds good to me!
>
> Unless work goes amazingly well I probably won't be there until tomorrow so
> hopefully catch you then!

tom

May 23, 2011, 4:56:32 PM5/23/11
to OpenLaserTag
I'm going to etch some carrier boards for them but just to break the
pins out, the level shifting will need to be done off-board

Sam Cook

May 23, 2011, 4:56:58 PM5/23/11
to openla...@googlegroups.com
excellent, thanks!

Nigel Worsley

May 23, 2011, 5:05:52 PM5/23/11
to openla...@googlegroups.com
> I'm going to etch some carrier boards for them but just to break the
> pins out, the level shifting will need to be done off-board

Move with the times and use a 3.3V processor, no level shifters required!

Nigle

tom

May 23, 2011, 6:36:28 PM5/23/11
to OpenLaserTag
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fucksocks/5752228871/in/photostream

its just to break the pins out, but it works. 2 of the adapters have
been named "TagGun1" and "TagGun2" now