IR protacol

Charles Yarnold

May 10, 2012, 12:37:06 PM5/10/12
to openla...@googlegroups.com
So, back when we first started I was quite decided on how to send the data via IR, now i'm not so sure. (talking about the protocol the data is send via, rather than what data is being sent)

I think it may be worth first working out what we need from it, I would say:
  • Simple enough to run on an attiny13 (for very basic game items)
  • Arduino lib for easy programming (either existing, or someone able to write)
  • Error checking (to know a packet is bad an reject it)
  • Quick transmit times
Forgotten anything? Suggestions as what we should use?

Sol

tom

May 12, 2012, 8:57:54 AM5/12/12
to openla...@googlegroups.com
we could just use the IR libraries that exist for the arduino, theyre set up for TV remote signals but the actual payloads are changable

tom

May 14, 2012, 3:46:47 PM5/14/12
to openla...@googlegroups.com
So i've been reading over the milestag stuff and this strikes me as interesting:

"This modulation is identical to the format used in Sony IR remotes and others."

So we can definitely use the arduino IR send libraries:

Milestag 2 seems to use the same carrier stuff but does different things with the bitstream.