meeting notes - 14/05/2011

tom

Jun 14, 2011, 6:08:28 PM6/14/11
to OpenLaserTag
Notes from meeting on tuesday for v0.1

Basic Flow for setting the guns configured

> Gun gets ID from an energizer (debug unit - configured to send IR messages with whatever we like)
> Once phone connects to gun the gun sends a "hello my id is.." packet
> Phone sends Gun Id and ID of itself to server

From this the server has a mapping between Gun ID and Phone ID and the
phone has some idea what the gun ID is.

When the gun receives a bullet packet it broadcast over BT connection,
for example "you got hit by <gunid> with <ammo id> your health is now
<health>", this can be relayed to the server for the score updates.

Charles Yarnold

Jun 14, 2011, 7:57:25 PM6/14/11
to openla...@googlegroups.com
Game start and stop will be player controlled, by shouting "game on" etc

We also learn't, don't hold meetings where those not involved over hear. They tend to interrupt every 3 seconds with a new awesome idea they just have to tell you, 99% of them all ready on the list for a later date.

Sol