In Taipei soon!

Alexandre Quessy

Jul 28, 2012, 4:39:11 PM7/28/12
to openla...@googlegroups.com
(re-posting since last email does not appear)

Hello!
It's Alex, the Toonloop guy. :)
Anything happening in Taipei on July 30th, 31st and August 3-4-5?
Will be there.
Would love to make a performance at an OpenLab Taipei. I have everything for a perf with my new synthesthesia patch. Or let's just have a Taiwan beer! ;)

See you soon!

Alex
http://alexandre.quessy.net
http://code.sat.qc.ca
+1-514-660-9376

Akinori Kinoshita

Jul 30, 2012, 5:55:14 AM7/30/12
to que...@gmail.com, openla...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alex,

Hello! This is Aki (the guy who did this performance with Yuan Yuan).

We have arranged the place for this event as below.

Location: 南京東路二段160號10樓, Taipei, Taiwan 104
Time: August 4 18:30 ~ ?

Do you prefer to do solo performance and later share your on-going projects with us?
Or you prefer to do performance with OpenLab Taipei friends (just like what we did for SAT+OpenLab.Taipei).

Let me know your idea.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Cheers! :)

Aki

--
您已訂閱「Google 網上論壇」的「OpenLab.Taipei」群組,因此我們特別傳送這封郵件通知您。
如要在此群組張貼留言,請傳送電子郵件至 openla...@googlegroups.com

Alexandre Quessy

Jul 30, 2012, 6:26:18 AM7/30/12
to Akinori Kinoshita, openla...@googlegroups.com, mose
Hello Aki!!

2012/7/30 Akinori Kinoshita <art.ak...@gmail.com>:
> We have arranged the place for this event as below.
>
> Location: 南京東路二段160號10樓, Taipei, Taiwan 104
> Time: August 4 18:30 ~ ?
>
> Do you prefer to do solo performance and later share your on-going projects
> with us?
> Or you prefer to do performance with OpenLab Taipei friends (just like what
> we did for SAT+OpenLab.Taipei).

This is awesome!
Yeah, let's do a collaborative jam with synthesthesia. You guys can
add more patches to it. We could plug together the patches so that
each one controls one parameter of the sound - or we just play one
different instrument each.
The idea is to make audio out of simple edge detection from live video
from a webcam. (ideally, we need a tripod, a black background and some
white paper cut out)

Here is the Git repository: https://github.com/aalex/synthesthesia

I just created an openlab-taipei branch.
To check it out:

git clone https://github.com/aalex/synthesthesia.git
git checkout openlab-taipei

And then, you guys can contribute more patches to it. I will explain
how it works when we meet. Then, we can hack a bit. I would like to do
a little video shooting of a collaborative performance at some point
in the evening, if you guys don't mind.
See the README file for the installation instructions. There are very
ubuntu-centric, but it should work on any operating system as long as
you have the zexy and Gem externals for Pure Data. The Lunch software
is a little extra, but is not required.

See you Saturday, then!!
A+,
--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net - Artiste en nouveaux médias

Alexandre Quessy

Jul 30, 2012, 6:54:41 AM7/30/12
to Akinori Kinoshita, openla...@googlegroups.com, mose
Hello again,
Oh! It seems the swing night has changed for Saturday... :-( Can we do
this on Friday instead? Hmmm... I will have more infos soon.
What a mess! :-/

2012/7/30 Alexandre Quessy <alex...@quessy.net>:
> 2012/7/30 Akinori Kinoshita <art.ak...@gmail.com>:
>> We have arranged the place for this event as below.
>>
>> Location: 南京東路二段160號10樓, Taipei, Taiwan 104
>> Time: August 4 18:30 ~ ?

Alexandre Quessy

Jul 30, 2012, 10:35:17 AM7/30/12
to Akinori Kinoshita, openla...@googlegroups.com, mose
Hello!
Update: The swing dance event will be at Taipei Artist Village. I
guess it will start around 21h00, but I don't know yet.

That's about 1 km from your venue.
If we start at 18h30, I could go there later, indeed. (and you guys
could follow me!)

Later,

Akinori Kinoshita

Jul 31, 2012, 3:31:59 AM7/31/12
to Alexandre Quessy, openla...@googlegroups.com, mose
Dear Alex,

Hello!
Friday is also available.
Let's do this on Friday instead.

Location: 南京東路二段160號10樓, Taipei, Taiwan 104
Time: August 3 19h00 ~

Should we prepare a tripod, a black background and some white paper?
Let us know what should we prepare in advance.
We will try to skim through your pd patches before Friday.
Hope we have some ideas before the performance.

Best regards,
Aki

SHEN SHENG-PO

Jul 31, 2012, 3:45:10 AM7/31/12
to openla...@googlegroups.com, Alexandre Quessy, mose
cool~
I think I can be there :)

ps. I really want to see Alex's performance and new Pd patches!

Best regars,

shengpo#

2012/7/31 Akinori Kinoshita <art.ak...@gmail.com>

--
您已訂閱「Google 網上論壇」的「OpenLab.Taipei」群組,因此我們特別傳送這封郵件通知您。
如要在此群組張貼留言,請傳送電子郵件至 openla...@googlegroups.com
如要取消訂閱此群組,請傳送電子郵件至 openlabtaipe...@googlegroups.com
如需更多選項,請前往:https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out。

SHEN SHENG-PO

Aug 2, 2012, 10:07:06 PM8/2/12
to openla...@googlegroups.com, Alexandre Quessy, mose
Hello Alex and OTs,

It is a pity, I can not meet with you guys today.
because the time is changed, and it will make me go back Taichung too late.
so, guys, have a lot of fun!

ps. nice to meet Alex on Wednesday :)
ps2. could someone can help to record today's performance? really want to see Alex's and OT guys' performances :)

Have a good day!

shengpo#

Alexandre Quessy

Aug 3, 2012, 6:08:53 AM8/3/12