libTISCH2 Ubuntu Packages

Florian Echtler

Dec 16, 2010, 5:03:32 PM12/16/10
to openk...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

just a quick note: due to popular request, I've created Ubuntu packages
for the libTISCH2 alpha release - meaning that you can now do "apt-get
install libtisch2" and get a Kinect-enabled tracker with TUIO support
out of the box :-)

Steps to install are:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:arne-alamut/freenect
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:floe/libtisch
sudo apt-get install libtisch2 libtisch2-dev

Then, run:

touchd -V -c /usr/share/libtisch/kinect.xml &
gestured &
demo

Also, you don't have to run calibtool and calibd anymore, at least not
for Kinect-based setups. (They are currently broken anyway :-)

For all further discussion, allow me to suggest the
tisch...@lists.sourceforge.net mailing list so as not to clutter this
one.

Florian