Kinect one don't work my PC configuration

EKTWR GR

Mar 7, 2016, 1:45:21 AM3/7/16
to OpenKinect
Hi all,
i need advise what to do next.

Recently i bought an almost new kinect one model 1520 (which i call K2 for short) from ebay. I know some practical electronics and i manage to give 12V DC power for this device.
I 've connect it through USB3 cable to my PC with the following configuration
  1. Motherboard Gigagbyte GA-P67-D3-B3 rev 2.0 with latest BIOS upgrade.
  2. GPU AMD Radeon 5870 into PCI-e x16 /2.0
  3. USB 3 card Transcend PDU3 into PCE-e x4 /2.0
  4. Windows 8.1 pro
  5. 12GB RAM
First i 've install the Kinect SDK 2 and then i give 12V DC from PSU.
Then the Device manager recognised the device as kinect wd0
Also i 've install the Kinect verifier software and did the test.
Although the software found the K2 device, the USB card reported as non supported USB3 card.
I did install the original drivers from Transcend and now is recognised as Renesas USB3 controler microsoft.

I thought that maybe there is a trick with signals and i decided to buy the MS adapter kit.
The 3 red lights lit, the Xbox logo too but no frame, image, or what.
Reported is that "depth frame" message

All the above symptoms happened with Windows 10 and ubuntu 14.04 too.
The only difference is that with Win 10, the device recognised but no light indications, nothing.

Now i have an expencive "Brick" sitting on my desk.

Can i do something more than those acts i 've made?

Any help willl be appreciated

Zafar Ansari

Mar 7, 2016, 4:40:32 AM3/7/16
to openk...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have made available my Kinect dataset which I collected during developing a Indian Sign Language recognition system at https://github.com/zafar142007/Gesture-Recognition-for-Indian-Sign-Language-using-Kinect. It contains 5041 depth images and their RGB counterparts of 140 signs of the Indian Sign Language. Hope it is useful. This was done using the original Kinect (Kinect XBox 360).

Thanks
Zafar