on running OKPCL i am getting following errors

rahul dewangan

Jun 24, 2015, 4:05:14 AM6/24/15
to openk...@googlegroups.com
originally i was getting
error while loading shared libraries: libfreenect.so.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
after doing as prescribed in getting started openkinect and updating ldconfig , cache
the code seems to run for a sec with a white screen flashes and then the l

freenect_fetch_zero_plane_info: send_cmd -1 bytes ( expected 322 )
freenect_camera_init() : failed to fetch zero plane info for device
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what() : cannot open kinect

Jeff Kramer

Jun 24, 2015, 10:49:29 AM6/24/15
to openk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rahul.
Do the other libfreenect demos work appropriately? OKPCL hasn't been updated in a while, and only works with Kinect v1. It also requires a fork of libfreenect on my Github.

Thanks for the assist.

Jeff

rahul dewangan

Jun 26, 2015, 9:03:46 AM6/26/15
to openk...@googlegroups.com
HI jeff
yes glview ,glpclview seem to work fine  i have kinect sensor 1414 which i think is a v1  and by fork do you mean https://github.com/Qworg/libfreenect/branches .  I am using the debian branches as with new libfreenect versions we are facing problem that some times kinect is not captured so we opted for old versions .  we are following your book Hacking The Kinect ,  I looked up your OKPCL / qworg github also if it helps pls help me as i am a beginner with libfreenect
should i try with new versions?

rahul dewangan

Jun 27, 2015, 10:44:34 PM6/27/15
to openk...@googlegroups.com
We found out the root cause of error its usb 3.0
 so i downloaded floe's
 https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect/pull/314//files cameras.c that handles negotiation of packet size and it kind of  woks , but some issues  would update the same soon .

Kamble Tanaji

Oct 15, 2016, 10:23:13 AM10/15/16
to OpenKinect

Hello Jeff

I tried your code OKPCL. I am able to run some codes in that project. The problem i am facing is, the the point cloud m getting after running OKPCL is not proper like the Point Cloud i get after running Kinect grabber using PCL and OpenNI. I see only 3 planes after running OKPCL. Let me know what sholud i do to get point cloud like Kinect grabber.