Difference between RGB-D mapping and Kinect fusion?

Mahdi

Nov 9, 2015, 1:05:29 AM11/9/15
to OpenKinect
Hello,

What are the main differences between RGB-D mapping and Kinect fusion?
I know the point clouds are different and there is no RGB frame in Kinect fusion. Can anybody help me in this issue with more details?

Thanks.

Florian Echtler

Nov 10, 2015, 5:22:53 AM11/10/15
to openk...@googlegroups.com, mah.yaz...@gmail.com
Kinect Fusion is part of the official SDK - please use the Microsoft
formums for discussion about that. This mailing list is about the
open-source drivers, which have different functionality.

Best, Florian

On 09.11.2015 07:05, Mahdi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What are the main differences between *RGB-D mapping* and *Kinect fusion*?
> I know the point clouds are different and there is no RGB frame in
> Kinect fusion. Can anybody help me in this issue with more details?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --

SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL

signature.asc