How to show metadata from excel in gis

Marcel Schreck

Oct 1, 2017, 2:22:24 PM10/1/17
to openjump-users
Hello Madams and Sirs,

I've got a question about the programme Openjump:

I have a map of an area in which i took severel parameters like length of different areapieces, sunshining hours, vegetation, etc.
And I want to mark the areas which have the same parameter, perhaps those with 6 sun hours in green, those with 7 sun hours in red, etc.

And i took the gps-coordinates of the beginning of an area and at the end and i have the bride of those areas. How can i get this information
in openjump?

Can someone help me?

Many thanks!

edgar....@web.de

Oct 1, 2017, 2:34:30 PM10/1/17
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
On 10/1/2017 14:03, Marcel Schreck wrote:
> Hello Madams and Sirs,
>
> I've got a question about the programme Openjump:
>
> I have a map of an area in which i took severel parameters like length of
> different areapieces, sunshining hours, vegetation, etc.

are these values available in a separate excel spread sheet or as attributes in your dataset?

> And I want to mark the areas which have the same parameter, perhaps those
> with 6 sun hours in green, those with 7 sun hours in red, etc.

use "color theming", avail in the context menu of the layer name on the left under Style->Change Styles

> And i took the gps-coordinates of the beginning of an area and at the end
> and i have the bride of those areas. How can i get this information
> in openjump?

not sure what you mean here.

> Can someone help me?
>
> Many thanks!

have fun.. ede

Eisenwolf89

Oct 1, 2017, 3:22:55 PM10/1/17
to openjump-users
The data is in an excel sheet...

i am not really good in gis...
i open a wms-url and get a large card... then i can zoom in the card to the area i want...
how can i cut this region out of the whole card?

and how i can mark smaller areas along a way? I took gps-dates like 50 56 134 I 013 21 987 and so on.

I generally don't understand how i can get data (from parameters) in the map...