How to encode RGB into a JP2 YUV with chroma subsampling?

ade90036

May 17, 2018, 6:38:04 AM5/17/18
to OpenJPEG
Hi All,

i have been doing some reading in jpeg2000 and it seems that that YUV color-space can provide fully reversible transformation.

I have some code that can compress RGB into JP2.

My question to you is what i need to change in my encoder setting to generate such image?

I have seen this parameter and looking at the code it points to RGB->YUV conversion
parameters.tcp_mct = 1

I susespect that this does color transformation from RGB to YUV 4:4:4?

How do i tell the encoder to perform chroma subsampling? 4:2:2 or 4:2:0?
Do i need to perform the sumsampling myself and then provide it to the encoder?
How?

Any sort of information in this matter would be most appreciated.

Regards

andrea