Create jpx files

Daniel Garcia

Mar 25, 2024, 12:59:38 PMMar 25
to OpenJPEG
Is it possible to create jpx files with openjpeg? And if so, could someone point me to information about it?

I'm trying to combine multiple jp2 files into a single jpx. From what i understand about the jpeg2000 format, I need to add multiple codestreams to the file.

It doesn't look like opj_compress can do this.

Daniel Garcia

Mar 28, 2024, 4:02:35 PMMar 28
to OpenJPEG
To answer my own question, no, openjpeg didn't support jpx.
But I spent the last few days working on adding support for this.

I just made a pull request that adds a new utility called opj_merge which does what I need.
I implemented a JPX codec within openjpeg which has partial support for writing jpx files.
I hope this can help others and be a basis for including more jpx support.

Please review if you're interested.
https://github.com/uclouvain/openjpeg/pull/1523

Eitan Mizrahi

Mar 28, 2024, 4:57:31 PMMar 28
to open...@googlegroups.com
I used my own code w/o any libraries to merge and splt.
I may check that tomorrow, whether you need.
I am not working at that company. Hope I have the source code, but I will check

OpenJPEG is mainly supported by :
* UCL Image and Signal Processing Group (http://sites.uclouvain.be/ispgroup)
* IntoPIX (www.intopix.com)
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenJPEG" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openjpeg/dce0a4b1-31da-43f6-a03f-68d06402e721n%40googlegroups.com.