Incremental (progressive) load (ideally with computation carry through)

Steve Williams

Dec 6, 2022, 3:58:46 AM12/6/22
to OpenJPEG
Hi all,

Just dropped latest from trunk into our stuff. Wanting to get progressive load working as a file downloads. Is there an example of how to do this somewhere please or do we just decompress as normal with whatever data we have thus far & the decoder does the best job it has with what it's got.

Wanting something a little more advanced than that if possible so any computation from previous incremental that's useful for the next can be carried through rather than starting a fresh (next partial) decompress from scratch.

Hope that makes sense - thanks for the great work.

Steve Williams

Dec 7, 2022, 9:32:00 AM12/7/22
to OpenJPEG
Seems even basic partial decode has regressed.

https://github.com/uclouvain/openjpeg/issues/715

Just got our progressive download working ... would be awesome to be able to connect it to openjpeg ... when it can decode partial streams :)

Even Rouault

Dec 7, 2022, 9:36:45 AM12/7/22
to open...@googlegroups.com

use opj_decoder_set_strict_mode(codec, FALSE)

OpenJPEG is mainly supported by :
* UCL Image and Signal Processing Group (http://sites.uclouvain.be/ispgroup)
* IntoPIX (www.intopix.com)
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenJPEG" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openjpeg/0b1b85d3-b0d4-40bb-9850-650c944eb944n%40googlegroups.com.
--
http://www.spatialys.com

Steve Williams

Dec 7, 2022, 9:44:07 AM12/7/22
to OpenJPEG
Thank you, Even :)

Will give that a try later today.

Steve Williams

Dec 7, 2022, 2:13:47 PM12/7/22
to OpenJPEG
Works - sincere thanks :) Update to our 3D web browser featuring progressive j2k download/visualize shortly.