Is there anything I can help with to get a new release out?

Albert Astals Cid

Dec 20, 2020, 5:25:58 PM12/20/20
to OpenJPEG
There's been around 100 commits since 2.3.1 and more than a year and a half has passed.

I'm a big fan of the release often school, so I would like to help to get a new release out.

What's missing to be able to do a release?

Is there some known regression? Is it "just" time? Is there a checklist of things to make a release so people that are not existing openjpeg developers can help?

Cheers,
  Albert

P.S: I'm the release manager of poppler and one of the release managers of the kde release service (the thing that releases like 200 tarballs at once)

Even Rouault

Dec 20, 2020, 5:57:34 PM12/20/20
to open...@googlegroups.com, Albert Astals Cid
Albert,

I've just contacted our usual benevolent release manager to check his
availability and if we can reduce a bit the bus factor. From my perspective,
current master is fine to be released as it is.

Even
http://www.spatialys.com