Open Food Shopper plugin for OI Shopping List (5 DAYS BEFORE SUBMITION)

Nazim Boudeffa

Feb 8, 2014, 2:08:52 PM2/8/14
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all !

I have found in Bits Project some good help to pass data to OI Shopping List

So I have some good news about my project i have ----- PUT EXTRA STRING ARRAYS ----- to OI Shopping List from this "plugin" but it's more a standalone application in some manner

The only problem i have is to ----- ADD THEM TO LIST ----- from OI Shopping List,?

Any help is welcome :)

The code is here in the function
launchComponent(String packageName, String name)
I have put a TODO in there

https://github.com/boudeffa/OpenFoodShopper/blob/master/src/biz/aldaffah/openfoodshopper/SearchActivity.java

THX

Friedger Müffke

Feb 10, 2014, 4:59:22 AM2/10/14
to OpenIntents ., boud...@gmail.com
Hi,
could you explain what the blocker is?

Friedger Müffke

Feb 10, 2014, 5:23:26 AM2/10/14
to OpenIntents ., boud...@gmail.com
I checked out your code and the long press is working.

I would suggest not to use package names to start with in startApplication, but only the intent
intent.setType("org.openintents.type/string.arraylist.shopping");
intent.setAction("org.openintents.action.INSERT_FROM_EXTRAS");
and use the OI Shopping list app as a fall back if the intent can't be fullfilled, i.e. only in showInMarket

Cheers
Friedger

Nazim Boudeffa

Feb 10, 2014, 7:57:45 AM2/10/14
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friedger,
I really appreciate your feedback

At first the blocking is :
As you can see when you launch the Open Food Shopper doing a search then longclick

the food isn't added to the OI Shopping List

Secondly:
your suggestion is good by doing only
intent.setType("org.openintents.type/string.arraylist.shopping");
intent.setAction("org.openintents.action.INSERT_FROM_EXTRAS");
then showin market

BUT OpenFoodShopper call OI Shopping from external so it have to find the package name and launch an intent

THX for help this project have to be submitted before 14/02/2014
it's stressing me lol

So for now the priority is just to ADD ITEM TO OI LIST BY LONGCLICK ?

Friedger Müffke

Feb 10, 2014, 8:19:03 AM2/10/14
to OpenIntents .
If you are using the latest code from github it is working

Nazim Boudeffa

Feb 10, 2014, 8:32:30 AM2/10/14
to openi...@googlegroups.com
So for you if you this code can add items to OI shopping ?

Intent intent = new Intent();
/*
* TODO FIX Creation of menu if (mExtraItems != null) { menu.add(0,
* MENU_INSERT_FROM_EXTRAS, 0, R.string.menu_auto_add)
* .setIcon(android.R.drawable.ic_menu_upload); }
*/
// intent.setComponent(new ComponentName(packageName,
// packageName+".ShoppingActivity"));
intent.setType("org.openintents.type/string.arraylist.shopping");
intent.setAction("org.openintents.action.INSERT_FROM_EXTRAS");

intent.putStringArrayListExtra(EXTRA_STRING_ARRAYLIST_SHOPPING,
extraShopping);
intent.putStringArrayListExtra(EXTRA_STRING_ARRAYLIST_QUANTITY,
extraQuantity);
intent.putStringArrayListExtra(EXTRA_STRING_ARRAYLIST_PRICE, extraPrice);
intent.putStringArrayListExtra(EXTRA_STRING_ARRAYLIST_BARCODE,
extraBarcode);

intent.setFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK);

startActivity(intent);

Nazim Boudeffa

Feb 10, 2014, 3:57:14 PM2/10/14
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Hi !
I am making a vid to show that all work fine with the newer version of Shopping on Github
--- the version on subversion in google don't add items to the list

As the changes are made on Open Food Shopper on Github you can test it too and don't hesitate to tell me whast wrong :)

thank you very much Friedger for the help i will post the APK to OOREDOO as soon as changes are made on google play for OI Shopping

the vid demo is comming ;)
Message has been deleted

Nazim Boudeffa

Feb 11, 2014, 10:45:04 AM2/11/14
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Soumission.png

Nazim Boudeffa

Mar 10, 2014, 5:40:15 PM3/10/14
to openi...@googlegroups.com
hi all !
My application haven't been choosen to be one of the finalistes ...
thx