OI Status

Emrys Nurmi

Dec 18, 2015, 4:29:40 PM12/18/15
to OpenIntents
Hello,

Back in 2011 I was a GCI student who translated most of OI
in Romanian on Launchpad and created a few icons. Yesterday
I got reminded of this and thought I should update the translation
which I did. There are a few things I'm confused about and I'm hoping
anyone from this list can help me.

1. Why is openintents.org down? Beside this mailing list, is there any other
place I can get in contact with OI group? #openintents on Freenode IRC
doesn't exist either, if it did in the past.
2. It seems the project on Google Code is archived. Now everything is on github?
3. I have downloaded what I believe to be all apps from Google Play store
and I plan to check the Romanian translation in all apps. I'm not sure if these
are all the apps (if they're more or less of what's on Launchpad) and it seems
some things aren't translated even though I updated them yesterday.
Does it take a while for the update to show in the apps? http://oi68.tinypic.com/sn2qf8.jpg

Thank you for your answers!

--
Emrys

Friedger Müffke

Dec 18, 2015, 4:43:34 PM12/18/15
to OpenIntents
Hi Emrys,

The activities of OpenIntents are reduced recently. However, I try to answer your questsions:
1) openintents.org is unfortunately down due to transfer of the domain to a new provider. This is very unfortunate but will hopefully be resolved in the next couple of days. You can find the source code of the site at github.com/openintents. Currently, there are no other means than the mailing list.
2) Everything should be on github. What is missing? Only the more active apps are hosted in their own repository.
3) Translations will be published with the next release. Which app did you translate?

Cheers
Friedger

Emrys Nurmi

Dec 18, 2015, 6:05:04 PM12/18/15
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Friedger,

Yes, I've noticed activity is a bit rare, I'm glad this project is still alive though.
1. That seems okay to me, it won't really interfere with what I'm doing.
2. The thing is I wanted to check translations in apps (by going through each of them
to see if they fit the context, went past a character number limit (since these are mobile apps), etc.).
Should I build apps from github (those which aren't on Google Play store, if any) so I can check them?
3. Back in 2011 I translated a few apps for Google Code-in.
I didn't do anything for OI Romanian translation for years up until a few days ago when I suddenly got reminded about this.
Noticed some strings were added since then so I translated those and kind of tried to look through most other apps translations.

What I'd like to do is check to see if translation is fitting for all apps and if not change it accordingly.
Was wondering if all current OI apps have entries for translation on Launchpad and if I downloaded all of them
(Sent you that screenshot of what I got through GP.) so I can check them?

+ There is 1 string [0] on "changed" status that won't go away. How do I make it disappear?

--
Emrys