Open source Java OpenID provider for LDAP?

523 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Keith Swenson

não lida,
24 de set. de 2013, 21:53:3524/09/2013
para openi...@googlegroups.com
I have been using OpenID4Java for a couple years, and it has been working fine.

I have developed an OpenId provider which authenticates users using LDAP.  That is, for every LDAP user, a corresponding OpenID is mapped.  At the provider, user interface is provided to allow user log in using their LDAP username and password, and then it behaves like any OpenID provider confirming authentity back to the OpenID clients.  It is a Java Servlet suitable for running in TomCat, and it uses OpenID4Java for the protocol.

I have been considering making this implementation open source. I don't want to do this if there are other implementations that do the same thing.  Yet, I can't find any other implementations.

1) Do you know of any other OpenID Provider for LDAP in Java?
2) If not, do you think such a thing would be desirable in open source?

-Keith Swenson

David Sanders

não lida,
25 de set. de 2013, 08:22:3125/09/2013
para openi...@googlegroups.com
Is this *the* Keith Swenson the ACM guru from Fujitsu? :)

I think your OpenID-LDAP provider sounds pretty useful.  I'm never had the need for anything like this, so I wouldn't know whether there are similar projects, but just doing a quick Google yields a few results, one of them being http://www.openid-ldap.org.

If I had authored something like this, I suppose I would still open source it and just put it up on GitHub even if there were similar projects out there, as it wouldn't take much of my time wrt maintenance - you get just others to do the work for you by submitting pull requests. :)

Keith Swenson

não lida,
25 de set. de 2013, 12:01:1025/09/2013
para openi...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Well, gee, yes I am known for my work in ACM.  Glad you have heard of me.

openid-ldap.org is a PHP implementation.  I actually installed that a couple years ago, but it did not work well, particularly if users made mistakes.  Not very forgiving.  But my goal here is Java open source.

Is GitHub better than Google Code for hosting an open source project?

-Keith

Mitch Sundt

não lida,
25 de set. de 2013, 13:03:4825/09/2013
para openi...@googlegroups.com
Google Code is shutting off the ability to host file downloads (pre-built installers, VMs, etc), so there will soon be no benefit in using it over GitHub (other than being able to use a simpler source code management system).
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

Thomas Koch

não lida,
25 de set. de 2013, 15:09:3525/09/2013
para openi...@googlegroups.com, Keith Swenson
I've been searching for the same thing without success and since I'm hating
PHP with a passion I'd be very glad to see a free software Java
implementation.

Please be so kind and publish it. I'd be glad to test and contribute.

I've no preference over Google/Github/SourceForge/BitBucket. Just use Git,
please.

Regards, Thomas Koch

Shiv Kumar

não lida,
26 de set. de 2013, 11:43:2426/09/2013
para openi...@googlegroups.com, Keith Swenson
Hi,
 i am doing code for adding openid future to my website, plz give me information int how to add,, i need to use openid4java jar,

thanking all

Thomas Koch

não lida,
6 de out. de 2013, 12:54:3706/10/2013
On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 03:53:35 AM Keith Swenson wrote:
> I have been considering making this implementation open source. I don't
> want to do this if there are other implementations that do the same thing.
> Yet, I can't find any other implementations.

Please, publish it! It doesn't matter what the current state is. Don't think
you should do some polishing before releasing it, Let others (me?) do the
polishing if they think it's necessary.

Regards, Thomas Koch
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor