[OpenID] Passing the Torch at the OpenID Foundation

Mike Jones

Apr 28, 2021, 6:29:38 PM4/28/21
to openid-...@lists.openid.net, hodg...@yahoo.com, d...@oidf.org

Today marks an important milestone in the life of the OpenID Foundation and the worldwide digital identity community.  Following Don Thibeau’s decade of exemplary service to the OpenID Foundation as its Executive Director, today we welcomed Gail Hodges as our new Executive Director.

Don was instrumental in the creation of OpenID Connect, the Open Identity Exchange, the OpenID Certification program, the Financial-grade API (FAPI), and its ongoing worldwide adoption.  He’s created and nurtured numerous liaison relationships with organizations and initiatives advancing digital identity and user empowerment worldwide.  And thankfully, Don intends to stay active in digital identity and the OpenID Foundation, including supporting Gail in her new role.

Gail’s Twitter motto is “Reinventing identity as a public good”, which I believe will be indicative of the directions in which she’ll help lead the OpenID Foundation.  She has extensive leadership experience in both digital identity and international finance, as described in her LinkedIn profile.  The board is thrilled to have her on board and looks forward to what we’ll accomplish together in this next exciting chapter of the OpenID Foundation!

I encourage all of you to come meet Gail at the OpenID Foundation Workshop tomorrow, where she’ll introduce herself to the OpenID community.

                                                       -- Mike

P.S.  This note was also posted at  https://self-issued.info/?p=2170 and as @selfissued.