Net::OpenID::Server and Apache mod_auth_openidc

Scott Deardorff

Jun 3, 2015, 12:29:43 PM6/3/15
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Here's my setup.  Trying to use Net::OpenID::Server to write a provider that I can use with mod_auth_openidc.  I started with the example at:
https://github.com/robn/Net-OpenID-Server/blob/master/examples/server.cgi

I configured secrets, etc.  The hit mod_auth_openidc and it redirects them to the sample page with ?action=setup in the URL.  I get the username password prompt, then I input a username/password and submit.

Once the form submits, I get the following error thrown:

Unknown options: client_id, response_type, redirect_uri, scope, nonce, state

These are passed as parameters from mod_auth_openidc when it sends them to the login page, they are then grabbed and re-passed on the submit, which then gets caught by the following line:

my $return_url = $openid->signed_return_url(%$params);

The above line is throwing the errors

From looking at the source, it would appear that it wants the following:

client_id = claimed_id || identity ??
redirect_uri = return_to

Not sure where scope, nonce and state are mapped.

Has anyone done this?  Am I barking up the wrong tree?  Any help would be appreciated.